Savion, a Green Investment Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 11 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
Savion is seeking a very experienced and high-achieving Originator capable of contributing to the growth and implementation of Savion’s business plan. A team player with a deep base of industry contacts at investor-owned utilities, municipal power agencies, cooperatives, and commercial/industrial clients and demonstrated experience in wholesale/retail electric supply markets. Experience with negotiating long term power purchase agreements a plus for solar + storage, co-located or standalone structures. This candidate will be a member of the commercial team reporting to the CCO. The candidate must be organized, articulate, can work on multiple concurrent tasks and operate either from our Kansas City office, or remotely with frequent trips to Savion’s corporate headquarters. Extensive client travel will be required once COVID subsides.
- Assess and translate market competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges and changes in the marketplace into market strategies and product offerings. Develop tactical execution plans for target clients, understand demand and thus timing and alignment of pipeline readiness to harness opportunities within responsible regions
- Build and maintain key relationships with utility executives and corporate energy buyers and other key personnel of targeted clients in assigned region. Expand the pipeline of sales opportunities by generating high quality leads
- Market Savion’s existing pipeline of solar and battery storage projects driving one-off bilateral opportunities maximizing Savion’s strength and profitability. Equally respond to RFP opportunities in a timely manner. Manage and lead Savion’s team of professionals through all aspects of a complex sales process, coordinate internal support necessary for developing the key inputs required for profitable pricing and towards successful closing
- Work cohesively with Savion’s management and development teams to ensure markets with growth potential are tapped early and projects are developed to match customers’ needs
- Ability to create and participate in a team atmosphere by collaborating with internal departments in support of sales process
- Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 + years’ experience in the energy industry, with demonstrated knowledge of renewable energy markets and power market design
- Experience in complex selling, introducing new product and service offerings, and developing corresponding value propositions
- Strong leadership and strategic skills with an ability to balance and prioritize competing interests
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business relationships quickly and to close business opportunities/transactions
- Ability to perform and interpret financial analysis and provide appropriate data and information that demonstrates proficiency with project pro forma financial concepts and with project finance concepts and structures
- Strong contacts at electric utilities, municipalities and cooperatives
- High energy, a strong work ethic, trustworthy, honest and friendly personality, ability to independently prioritize and plan work and manage competing deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, coupled with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive travel within the U.S.