Savion, a Green Investment Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 11 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
• Prepare concept designs for utility scale solar projects
• Identify project risk issues and order of magnitude
• Solicit EPC and subcontractor pricing to support internal pricing estimates
• Knowledgeable on solar technologies including latest developments in racking designs
• Review engineering studies (hydrology and Geotech) and determine impact to project estimates
• Review engineering drawings and layouts to determine best level of optimization
• Communicate with project developers and engineers
• Participate in industry workshops to keep up with latest engineering standards
• Knowledgeable of transmission and substation designs as applicable to solar and energy storage projects
• Adaptable to meet varying proposal and project deadlines
Skills And Qualifications
• 5 to 10 years professional experience in civil engineering for solar and/or energy storage projects.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
• Strong proficiency with AutoCad Civil 3D or similar platforms to develop solar arrays.
• Familiarity with photovoltaic solar components including racking and piles.
• Knowledge of technical standards for civil design and permitting process.
• Ability to interpret hydrology, geotechnical, and pile load testing results. Knowledge of L-pile analysis software a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
• Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
• Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensure timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
• Flexibility to work with changing work priorities
• Have knowledge of latest technology for utility scale solar and energy storage projects
• Ability to work in a team environment