Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 19 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
Savion is seeking a Real Estate Contract Manager to join its Real Estate team. This position focuses on managing real estate agreements related to acquiring and sustaining the real property interests required for Savion’s renewable energy operations. The Real Estate Contract Manager reports directly to the VP of Real Estate and works closely with Savion’s development team.
- Receive and review agreement requests and determine the relevant type of real property agreement(s)
- Field inquiries concerning contract terms and content, assisting with legal explanations as part of risk avoidance and potential mitigation
- Review agreements to ensure conformance with Savion’s contractual terms, process requirements, identifying risks or disparities and propose alternative terms to resolve same
- Provide reports on the negotiation and status of agreement drafts to the VP of Real Estate
- Assist in developing, revising and implementing template documents and the internal processing thereof, including managing the databases used for abstracting and archiving of executed documents
- Coordinate outside counsel efforts with respect to real estate matters, including but not limited to drafting and finalizing various acquisition and disposition agreements whilst ensuring compliance and control of such efforts as determined by the VP of Real Estate
- Collaborate with key Savion personnel to identify state and local government requirements and that Savion agreements are compliant therewith
- Advisement to the VP of Real Estate and the Real Estate Project Managers on general real estate legal matters related to contract terms and administration.
- General title review and diligence
- Post-graduate or JD degree preferred
- Comprehensive understanding and proven experience of commercial Real Estate development law
- Must have 10 years commercial real estate or applicable professional work experience
- An effective communicator with a collaborative approach and commitment to teamwork and problem solving
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Common sense approach to legal and business challenges
Compensation and Benefits
- Base, bonus and compensation commensurate with experience
- Vacation & Holidays: Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits: Health & dental insurance as well as long-term disability and life insurance, 401(k)
- Savion offers a culture that embraces a flex-time schedule so as to maximize both productivity and work-life balance