Savion, a Green Investment Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 11 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
Job Purpose Statement
A key role within the Savion – Engineering, Procurement and Construction team focusing on the contracting and execution of large-scale renewables projects, predominately solar and BESS.
Savion seeks a highly motivated Project Manager with passion for renewable energy to join the EPC division of the Savion team. The Project Manager will report to the Director – EPC whilst also working closely with multiple parts of the overall EPC division and wider Savion business.
The position will have primary focus on both the preparation and management of contract bidding, and pre-construction phases, while also support Contract awards and management of same during project execution phase. Remote project management for those projects that move forward through construction will also be part of the Project Manager’s responsibilities.
- Assist the Director and Managers – EPC in leading bidding and contracting efforts to support the sale and / or execution of large-scale renewable energy projects.
- Liaise with project development teams to support and coordinate earlier engineering design and permitting efforts
- Deliver project management support (both on and off site) as required
- Provide support and input to Contract tender / bidding efforts and assessments
- Liaise and coordinate with internal engineering and external suppliers and contractors to endure delivery specifications are met
- Support and assist within interface management between internal and external parties including consultants and contractors
- Review and monitor contractors progress against schedule and ensure key project milestones are being achieved and reported
- Support and direct efforts to resolve a range of technical / specialist issues both during bid and execution phases.
- Actively identify and manage critical path issues and risks to obviate and minimize project impacts at all stages of project maturity
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ Years of Project Management Experience preferably within Renewables sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience of project bidding and contracting
- Working knowledge of OSHA – qualification preferred
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Experience of writing technical specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Savion management and with contractors
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Planning and Organization
- Support and direct the resolution of a range of technical/specialist issues on projects
- Successfully manage the expectations of the EPC Director / Managers with regards to project delivery
- Advise the EPC Managers on the impact of technical/specialist risks and issues and the viability of solutions recommended
- Carefully consider and balance technical requirements with commercial needs and provide recommendations, considering the relevant risks
- Ensure that all recommendations are documented, and sufficient due diligence exists to support decisions (whether internal or external diligence)
- Defend and stand by recommendations but also recognize when alternative solutions may be preferable
- Present decisions and recommendations to the EPC Managers in a structured and robust manner
- At short notice, act upon and deliver ad-hoc efforts and projects without losing focus on major ongoing projects
- The job holder will need to remain focused on the key deliverables for each project whilst being adaptable to work within a flexible matrix operation, this may require working on several projects simultaneously
Minimum Criterion (Mandatory)
- Degree qualification in relevant Engineering discipline
- Relevant Project Management / Construction experience
- Ability to travel on short notice
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS office systems and other IT based project management software