Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 36.5 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14.5 paid holidays per year.
- Prepare and optimize site layouts with emphasis on energy storage projects; will also support layouts on solar projects.
- Become subject matter expert on emerging battery storage technologies, including variations in applications, use cases, cost and construction impacts, managing fire risk, and communicating with the public.
- Have ability to support solar portfolio for engineering tasks.
- Practice Civil or Electrical Engineering discipline focus while learning key aspects of other disciplines.
- Review engineering studies and reports and determine impact to project estimates.
- Review and provide formal commentary on third-party engineering design documents to ensure accuracy, consistency, feasibility, and cost optimization.
- Develop and refine design optimization processes.
- Communicate with project developers, engineers, supplier representatives, and third-party service providers.
- Work with broader engineering team to provide inputs for project cost estimates and proposal responses.
- Participate in industry workshops to keep up with latest engineering standards.
- Adaptable to meet varying proposal and project deadlines.
- Prepare concept solar array designs for utility scale solar projects.
- Graduate of engineering at an accredited university
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working as an engineer in the renewable energy industry
- Familiarity with energy storage equipment and concepts
- Proficiency with AutoCad
- Ability to learn PVCase to develop conceptual solar layouts
- Daily application of highly effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly adaptable interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and maintain effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Vacation & Holidays: Paid Time Off plus 14 paid company holidays
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k)
- Savion offers a culture that embraces a “flex-time” schedule to maximize both productivity and work-life balance