Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 19 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
A key role within the Savion Engineering, Procurement and Construction team focusing on project controls and scheduling coordination for large-scale renewable energy projects, predominately solar and BESS.
Savion seeks a highly motivated Project Coordination Manager with passion for renewable energy to join the EPC division of the Savion team. The Project Coordination Manager will report to the Director – Preconstruction / Construction, while also working closely with multiple members of the overall EPC division and wider Savion team.
The position will primarily focus on the preparation, active management, interrogation and reporting of all project control processes – including all budgetary reporting and confirming requirements. Support across multiple projects related to schedules and tracking of critical milestones and alignment with budgetary forecasts – identifying any major fluctuations – and providing clear and concise reporting.
- Assist Project Managers with developing project schedules, cash flows, and document control processes for large-scale renewable projects
- Support Project Managers in the management and delivery of comprehensive and regular project cost reporting and analysis
- Support the preparation, review and tracking of detailed annual group budgets and cash flow projections, including approvals of invoices and construction payments
- Ensure all relevant internal controls are followed and develop new controls as needed
- Identify critical project risks and assist with the development of mitigatory actions
- Support and provide input in the review of contract bidding submissions
- Assist with the preparation of project-specific documentation and exhibits for project bids and procurement contracts
- Coordinate communication with project team to ensure consistency of information
- Liaise with project development teams to coordinate early execution functions and permitting efforts
- Liaise and coordinate with internal team members, external suppliers, and contractors to ensure schedule and KPIs are being met or exceeded
Education and Experience
- 2+ Years of Project Controls and/or Scheduler experience, preferably in Renewables sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Experience of project schedules, budgeting, and processes
- MS Excel knowledge and experience
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, technical report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with Savion management and contractors
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time, and prioritize workload
- Degree qualification
- Relevant Project Controls / Scheduler / MS Excel experience
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS office systems and other IT based project management software