Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 23 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
Savion seeks a Project Analyst (PA) with an interest in renewable energy to join our growing team. The PA will support portfolio-wide budget and milestone forecasting and reporting of projects through all stages of development. The successful candidate will need to be able to disseminate project-level data, strategy and risk factors that will dictate the outcome of our projects in order to make recommendations to team members.
A Project Analyst needs to be detail-oriented with strong computer skills working with various tools, including Microsoft Excel, Project, and PowerPoint, and will report to the Director of Project Controls. The PA position requires the communication skills necessary to work closely with, and gather information from, multiple staff members across the company.
- Enter purchase requisitions and track workflow approvals; ensure project expense is within approved budget
- Set-up initial project budgets and timelines on new start projects
- Communicate efficiently with project developers on material changes; provide budgeting/timeline best practices to the project team
- Create reports and assist in qualitative analysis over the life cycle of a project
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to maintain project-level forecasting tools and timelines
- Integral to the maintenance of portfolio-wide budgeting, reporting, risk-management and decision-making tools
- Gather financial model inputs and verify accuracy and consistency with timing; support project sales and financing
- Attend monthly interconnection meetings to note constraints and status of transmission studies
- Facilitate quarterly project strategy meetings and reflect strategy and budget updates
Education and Experience
- 4-year college degree required
- 1-3+ years professional experience required
- Proven track record maintaining budgets and schedules, Accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of renewable energy industry a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Communication skills are key; must have the ability to efficiently interact with cross-functional and dynamic project teams in a matrix organization
Compensation and Benefits
- Base, bonus and compensation commensurate with experience
- Vacation & Holidays: Generous paid time off plus 14.5 paid holidays
- Benefits: Health & dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, 401(k) match
- Awesome culture and opportunities for interaction across multiple departments with fun and exciting events and challenges
- Savion offers a culture that embraces a flex-time schedule so as to maximize both productivity and work-life balance