Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 19 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
The Portfolio Siting Manager will be a supervisory member of Savion’s Market Strategy & Analysis team, which functions as Savion’s renewable site selection and analytics group. The Market Strategy & Analysis department provides critical support to the rest of the company, ranging from renewable demand tracking, site selection, and portfolio optimization to competitive intelligence and project milestone decision support. The department leverages an advanced GIS Database with industry-leading tools and processes developed in-house.
The Portfolio Siting Manager will work closely with the Director of Market Strategy & Analysis to build the team’s analytical capabilities, ensure quality standards are met, and foster innovation. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and experience in the renewable energy industry. The candidate must be organized, an effective communicator, capable of managing multiple tasks and working effectively with individuals both internally and externally of the office. This role is equal parts technical and people-focused.
- Oversee a team of GIS and Market Analysts, including task assignment, goal setting, skill development, and work product reviews.
- Work with the Director to implement new initiatives, including research, scoping, and development.
- Coordinate with departments across the organization to provide analytical support, including building custom tools and workflows.
- Design and develop (or oversee design and development of) GIS automation processes for internal use.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering or another applicable area.
- Minimum of 7 years of GIS work experience using GIS applications such as ArcGIS and related extensions, and broad knowledge of GIS capabilities.
- Experience in renewable energy, utility, or oil/gas industry.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and the ability to draft and implement an effective strategic plan.
- Proficient with task/timeline management software such as Jira or MS Project.
- Ability to independently solve problems and create solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with ArcPy, Model Builder, SQL, R, and/or PowerBI