Savion, a Green Investment Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 11 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for completing all payroll related tasks. Additional responsibilities will include assisting the HR manager with various other human resource duties. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an analytical role within an HR department, and is skilled in performing detailed calculations and recordkeeping duties.
Specific Job Functions
- Review payroll change input for compliance, timeliness, and accuracy
- Analyze errors and advise management of discrepancies in order to eliminate paycheck errors
- Data input of biweekly pay information into Paylocity (payroll processing system) in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Run reports and validate the input is complete and accurate for each payroll
- File and maintain all payroll records
- Manage employee payroll concerns and questions in person and over the telephone
- Keep management informed of all pertinent information regarding payroll activities and irregularities
- Register and maintain tax account compliance for all states in which Savion has employees, and validate that the payroll provider is handling tax filings appropriately
- Manage benefit deductions within Paylocity and reconcile benefits to the monthly invoices
- Completion of additional payrolls as directed by management
- Work with the HR Manager and Director of HR to assist with the full HR functions of Human Resources of the company
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 2+ years of recent payroll processing experience
- High level of understanding of employment taxes with experience managing multi-state payroll
- Experience with Paylocity (payroll processing software) is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Previous experience working in an environment that requires enforcement of internal controls and application of GAAP principles across the organization
- Must be a trustworthy individual. All HR and payroll data must be kept confidential.
- Excellent communication skills with aptitude for problem-solving
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Human Resources is a plus