Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 36.5 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14.5 paid holidays per year.
Savion is seeking a qualified candidate to join an existing team of high-performing analysts within the Commercial Strategy & Renewable Origination group. This candidate will join Savion’s industry-leading siting and market strategy department. This team ensures that the development pipeline is continually fed with commercially viable opportunities to sustain the development pipeline and is ultimately aligned with our strategy to own operating renewable projects throughout the continental U.S.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting Savion’s siting team by developing and maintaining the automation tools. This candidate will work closely with many departments across the business to inform and continually refine Savion’s siting processes and automation while facilitating critical coordination with Savion’s GIS, IT, Development, Engineering, Environmental & Permitting, Meteorology, Transmission, Real Estate teams to improve databases based on feedback from subject matter experts across the business. This position will be a key part of the Siting team and will report directly to the Portfolio Siting Manager. Preference for this position to operate from our Kansas City office, but accommodations for hybrid or remote work can be made.
- Maintain automated processes supporting all siting-related processes including the following: GIS portals, scripts, Process Improvement, Competition, Transmission, Market Analysis, and Site Selection tools.
- Database optimization to ensure the efficiency of the extraction, transfer and loading (ETL) of transmission data for continental U.S. transmission and energy pricing.
- Monitor data integrity across all siting databases, in addition to working closely with our GIS and IT partners on change requests, communication, and coordination of implementations.
- Coordinate with IT and GIS Development on GIS design and troubleshooting discussions for updates, support, and maintenance for Esri ArcGIS and Microsoft solutions.
- Utilize Atlassian for clear and extensive process improvement tasks, documentation, training materials, and business requirements for siting team initiatives.
- Develop new tools and methodologies for advancing Savion’s site selection process.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the business to understand the data provided and incorporate it into the siting process.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science of Geography/GIS
- Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably in a similar role, and an understanding of renewable energy development.
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS desktop software, ArcGIS Online, ArcPro, and ArcGIS Collector
- Experience with ESRI Model Builder and Python scripting
- Experience with transmission modeling software related to load flow analysis
- Hands-on experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or at a minimum, a solid foundational knowledge of the capabilities of GIS.
- Programming experience with R, Python, or SQL
- Strong strategic mindset and the ability to quickly read, review, analyze, and summarize large amounts of information
- Able to learn new concepts quickly and work independently while often working on multiple initiatives at once
- Very motivated self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills and work effectively in a team-based environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Vacation & Holidays: Paid Time Off plus 14 paid company holidays
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k)
- Savion offers a culture that embraces a “flex-time” schedule to maximize both productivity and work-life balance