Savion, a Green Investment Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 11 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
Job Purpose Statement
A key role within the Savion – Engineering, Procurement and Construction team focusing on the procurement and contracting dimensions of large-scale renewables projects, predominately solar and BESS.
Savion seeks a highly motivated Contract Specialist with passion for renewable energy to join the EPC division of the Savion team. The Contract Specialist will report to the Director – Procurement whilst also working closely with multiple parts of the overall EPC division and indeed wider Savion business.
The position will have primary focus on the preparation, review, negotiation and execution of the broad range of contracts required to support and delivery large-scale renewable projects, whilst also providing commercial support and assistance during the execution phase of projects as appropriate. The individual will operate extensively across the EPC division of the Savion team whilst also providing critical liaison and support more widely across the business and externally as required.
- Assist the Director – Procurement in preparing procurement documents and agreements for large-scale renewable projects
- Support of bid evaluations of supplier proposals and commercial evaluations
- Preparing purchase order documents and enter purchase order information into online purchasing application
- Prepare commercial documentation for project bids
- Communicate and coordinate across broad spectrum of internal project team – ensure consistency and currency of information
- Coordinate with project development teams to drive procurement efforts
- Provide support and input to project engineer for bidding efforts and assessments
- Support and assist with management between internal and external parties including consultants and contractors
- Expediting supplier submittals to support detailed design and delivery of equipment and material
- Review and monitor contractors progress against schedule and ensure key project milestones are being achieved and reported
- Support and direct efforts to resolve a range of commercial issues both during bid and execution phases
- Updating Project Procurement Status Reports
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ Years of Procurement experience preferably within Renewables sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Construction Management/Engineering, or related field with at least three year of post-secondary education
- Technical knowledge of supplier’s products and capabilities
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with photovoltaic solar and energy storage sector and associated Contracts
- Experience of procuring Operation and Maintenance Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience of procuring Asset Management Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience of procuring Energy Management Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience of procuring Construction Management Contract services for PV / BESS facilities
- Experience of developing and maintaining forward price and technology curves Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skill
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with Savion management and with contractors
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Planning and Organization
- Support and direct the resolution of a range of commercial tasks/ issues on projects
- Successfully manage the expectations of the Director – Procurement / Senior Engineers with regards to procurement timescales in support of project contracting
- Advise the Director – Procurement / Senior Engineers on the impact of commercial/specialist risks and issues and the viability of solutions recommended
- Carefully consider and balance commercial requirements and provide recommendations, considering the relevant risks
- Ensure that all recommendations are documented, and sufficient due diligence exists to support decisions (whether internal or external diligence)
- Defend and stand by recommendations but also recognize when alternative solutions may be preferable
- Present decisions and recommendations to the EPC Managers in a structured and robust manner
- At short notice, act upon and deliver ad-hoc efforts and projects without losing focus on major ongoing projects
- The Contract Specialist will need to remain focused on the key commercial deliverables for each project whilst being adaptable to work within a flexible matrix operation, this may require working on several projects simultaneously
Minimum Criterion (Mandatory)
- At least 5 years of experience in the EPC Procurement, or a bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication Studies, Supply Chain Management, Construction Management, or related field.
- Relevant Procurement / Contract administration experience.
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS office systems and other software.