Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 36.5 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14.5 paid holidays per year.
The Communications and Community Relations Manager will be an integral part of the Savion Marketing team, assisting the Senior Director of Community Engagement in the marketing, public relations, and local outreach efforts of solar and energy storage projects.
This role will be responsible for gaining intimate knowledge of designated projects, their host communities, and renewable energy issues as well as managing local media relations for designated projects.
- Project marketing and public relations campaign management
- Project community relations and local outreach management and execution
- Project media relations
Roles and Functions
- Develop solid working relationships with cross-functional counterparts and community constituents.
- Work daily with vendors and consultants to ensure project direction, goals, and deliverables are met.
- Manage media relations for designated projects, including maintaining local project media lists, fielding media inquiries, providing responses, facilitating interviews, and monitoring, distributing, tracking, and archiving project articles.
- Work with consultants or with internal Savion resources on project-branded:
- Social media platforms
- Print and digital advertising
- Print and digital marketing materials
- Direct mail campaigns
- Community meetings and public events
- Sponsorships and contributions
- Swag and giveaways
- Media relations and interviews
- Advocacy outreach and supporter mobilization
- Grassroots or grasstops campaigns
- Review and manage communications, messaging, and correspondence for accuracy according to the company or project core messages
- Monitor social media, online, and print where applicable
- Support Marketing Manager with content and assets needed for project-specific microsite, print, and digital marketing assets
- Conduct research, generate reports, pull data, and implement fact-checking
- Assist with project presentation preparation
- Schedule and lead calls and meetings to ensure open communication across multiple groups
- Generate calendars and track all events to ensure deadlines are met
- Uphold the Savion and/or project-specific brand guidelines across all marketing channels
- Monitor project-specific budgets and expenditures
- Provide copy editing, proofing, and creative input.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings and sessions
- Perform general administrative duties as required including direct mailings; packing and shipping supplies to project sites; database work; etc.
- Serve as a resource on additional or special projects as necessary
- Travel to project locations to serve as on-the-ground support for Developers and represent the Savion Marketing team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or public affairs; or 2+ years of professional, applicable work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Previous work experience with strong opposition
- Proven success in obtaining positive outcomes from community relations work
- Work experience in public and media relations
- Work experience in writing blog posts and managing social media accounts
- Skills in copywriting and proofing
- Adaptable in being both strategic and tactical
- High degree of independence while still functioning within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and a critical eye for quality
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Good judgment with the ability to make sound decisions
- Adaptable and flexible during constant change
- Positive team player, capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines; able to take input and constructive criticism from multiple sources
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where learning on the go is required
- Work experience in the following is a plus but not required:
- renewable energy industry and/or
- public relations firm
- Familiarity with executing marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- Work experience in project management and/or corporate marketing
Compensation and Benefits
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Vacation & Holidays: Paid Time Off plus 14 paid company holidays
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k)
- Savion offers a culture that embraces a “flex-time” schedule to maximize both productivity and work-life balance