Savion, a Shell Group portfolio company operating on a stand-alone basis, is one of the largest, most technologically advanced utility-scale solar and energy storage project development companies in the United States. With a growing portfolio of more than 19 GW, Savion’s diverse team provides comprehensive services at each phase of renewable energy project development, from conception through construction. As part of this full-service model, Savion manages all aspects of development for customers, partners, and project host communities. Savion is committed to helping decarbonize the energy grid by replacing electric power generation with renewable sources and delivering cost-competitive electricity to the marketplace.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart, and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness, and work-life balance of our employees. Our employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team-oriented, and committed to renewable energy. We recognize our employees are our most valuable asset and offer highly competitive pay as well as exceptional above-market employee benefits. Balancing work and play is met with generous PTO allowances and 14 paid holidays per year.
Savion is seeking an Assistant Counsel to join its Legal team. We are looking for key transaction counsel whose attention will center on support of Savion’s Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) team, with a focus on EPC and procurement contracting matters. Preference will be given to candidates who can commute Savion’s Kansas City, Missouri office, but we will consider candidates nationwide and a mix of remote/in-office work.
About the Role
In this role, the Assistant Counsel will work closely with Savion team members across the organization in support of its EPC, procurement, and other transactional initiatives. Position responsibilities include the following, among others:
- Draft and negotiate and work with external counsel on EPC agreements, module supply agreements, operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements, asset management agreements, and other supply and procurement agreements for Savion’s solar and energy storage projects
- Advise Savion team members on legal, regulatory, and business risk
- Assist in the development and implementation of contracting processes and tools, including template documents
- Advise Savion team members on EPC- and construction-related matters
- Assist in other Savion procurement, project development, vendor, and transactional matters
- Manage and supervise outside counsel as necessary
A preferred candidate will have the following experiences, skills, and attributes.
- Juris Doctor degree and membership in the Missouri bar (or ability to become licensed in Missouri or eligibility to act as in-house counsel under Missouri Rule 8.105)
- 5 or more years of relevant legal experience at a top-tier law firm, sophisticated corporate legal department, or combination of the two with significant experience negotiating EPC agreements and procurement contracts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey legal advice in a succinct and actionable format
- Collaborative approach and commitment to teamwork and problem solving
- Common sense approach to legal and business challenges
- Experience relevant to the development and construction of solar projects is preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Vacation & Holidays: Paid Time Off plus 14 paid company holidays
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance; short-term and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k)
- Savion offers a culture that embraces a “flex-time” schedule to maximize both productivity and work-life balance